Statement of Faith
Cup of Hope – Counselling Addiction and Referral Centre affirms.
1. That there is on God who eternally exsists in three persons the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit and that they make up the Triune Godhead.
2. That Jesus Christ is the only begotten Son of the Father, conceived of the Holy Ghost born of theVirgin Mary.
3. The sovereignty of God in creation, revelation, redemption, and final judgement.
4. The divine inspiration and entire trustworthiness of Holy Scripture as originally given, and itssupreme authority in all matters of faith and conduct.
5. That all have sinned and come short of the glory of God and that repentance is commanded of Godfor all and necessary for forgiveness of sins.
6. In sanctification subsequent to the new birth, through faith in the blood of Christ, through theWord, and by the Holy Spirit.
7. That Jesus was crucified, buried and raised from the dead and that He ascended into heaven andthat today He is at the right hand of God the Father as the Intercessor.
8. Justification, regeneration and the new birth are wrought by faith in the blood of Jesus Christ andthat sanctification subsequent to the new birth is through the faith in the blood of Christ, through theWord, and by the Holy Spirit.
9. In the baptism of the Holy Ghost and speaking with the tongues as the Spirit gives utterance, whichis the initial evidence of the baptism of the Holy Ghost.
10. In water baptism by immersion, and all who repent should be baptized in the name of the Fatherand Son and Holy Ghost.
11. The one Holy Universal Church which is the Body of Christ and to which all true believers belong.
12. In the pre-millennial second coming of Christ; first, to resurrect the righteous dead and to rapturethe saints and, to reign on the earth a thousand years.
13. That there is a bodily resurrection, eternal life for all the saints and eternal punishment for thewicked.
COH-CARC is aware of the diverse difficulties and the feelings of ambivalence that usuallyprecedes and surrounds any one who has made a decision to come for counselling or any onewho is in crisis or any one who has been recommended for counselling. The desire for healing,hope, personal and interpersonal health does not reduce the personal struggles, the ongoingchallenges and difficulties that are associated with the process of counselling, neither does italleviate the doubts, or answers the queries that you might have.
Since COH-CARC is interestedin ensuring that you have sufficient knowledge about our services and the process ofcounselling the following information is provided in order to allow you to have the knowledgethat is necessary to make an informed decision about counselling. Should you at any time havequestions that are not addressed below, you are encouraged to talk to your counsellor.